Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Today at 30,000 Feet

Long-term readers of my (mostly deleted) blog will know that few things give me greater pleasure than taking pictures such as this.

Today I was able to do it twice.

Yippee! I love flying! Twice in one day? You've got me!

The rush of the jet engines, the hurry-hurry down the runway and then, blast-off!!

(Don't forget to count to ten before fully enjoying the blast-off.)

Long-term readers? Yes, I know, I am still working on standing steady in the path of a landing jumbo. I will share pictures once I accomplish that.

2 comments:

DHS said...

at our local airport there is a public road about 50m from the end of the runway. you can stand on either side of this road and watch the jumbos approach. I was there once and thought "that was a quiet 747" - it turned out to be a 380. the feeling of having them pass overhead on final (maybe 1/8 mile from touchdown point) is fantastic.

Beach Bum said...

On the Caribbean island of St. Maarten, you can stand on Maho beach and let the 747's fly right over you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GZJc2hyymmc&feature=related