Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Contribution to the Global Economic Crisis

I'm pulling out of my short-term investment (but not my long-term equities).

Screw this mess.

It has always (since inception of my contributions to this particular investment) been my intention to cash out of these funds in ~November 2009. I have a plan for the money.

But now? I'm not going to continue to lose money in the next year. For the next 12 months my contributions will be going to a savings account. As pathetic as the interest may be in a savings account, it sure will beat the losses that I have seen in the past few months. And, I must add, the continued losses that I predict over the next 12 months.

Ta da! I'm pulling out.

1 comment:

Gregory House, PA-C said...

Hopefully your stocks weren't at the worthless stage, because in that case your probably better off just keeping them. But if they still had some legitimate value then it's probably a good idea.

I, on the other hand, am looking to invest my money because of how cheap everything is. I just don't have enough money to invest to really make it worth my time.